#1 Thing Happen in Indonesia When Ramadhan

Hi, readers. I found a new ideas to write when I walked home from mosque this morning. This information zone post may need some efforts such as like searching the real fact and telling some my experiences also yet I'll write as many as I can. So, check it out.

My first list is Ngarak Beduk. This is a tradition to wake up people around the housing complex at sahoor time. Sahoor time in Indonesia usually started at 3 a.m till shubuh time at 4.30 a.m. Ngarak means precede and bedug means a special percussion instrument music from Java just like a simple drum but not always bedug it can also be kentongan(was a simple communication stuff in Java). Sadly, this tradition had been left because of the development of technology and a new regulation not to make bunch of noisy voices. The last time I fond Ngarak Beduk was like 6 or 5 years ago. Now, waken up people can be done by saying in the mosque speaker or your special terrific mother voice.

It is said that Ngarak beduk was started at 19 century in Betawi(one of ethnic in Jakarta) since Jakarta still a packed of forest and valley people need a noisy voice to waken up for sahoor. It is quite exciting hearing a good music from their percussion. Then, in some parts in Indonesia followed the good-done job from Betawi. Ngarak beduk usually done by male children and a bit of male adults. Ngarak beduk was also matched to adorn Ramadhan time in Indonesia. Not only waken up for sahoor time but also an indication that ifthar time/fasting break time just wait to come. Did Ngarak Beduk really make sense to me? When I was a child, I always excited to wake up for sahoor just to hear their little percussion show. Hahaa....

An illustration of Ngarak Beduk 

For me, I quite upset that Ngarak Bedug now is vanished. I think that Ngarak Beduk is a way to build enthusiasm in a lot of children so that they can wake up early in the sahoor time. It build their character to feel excited welcoming Ramadhan. But somehow there's no everlasting in this world, right? Some might just be history, some might be mistery. Happy Ramadhan, readers! :)







Comments