#2 Thing Happen in Indonesia When Ramadhan

Hi, readers. Back again with me in this second post of these ramadhan series thing.

Have you ever heard "Puasa Mbedug" before? If you have then you may take your mind into your childhood time. Puasa Mbedug is an exercise for some children to do fasting just in half day. This is actually happened not only in Indonesia but also around the world, maybe? But, what makes it's unique is the name. Bedug is actually a percussion instrumental to show that the time for praying comes. By the time technology develops really well, it is now so old-fashioned yet some children break their fasting only on dzuhur time. C'mon, why not ashar time?
Bedug!

Puasa Mbedug is totally under parents advisory. All you do is absolutely a representation of how your parents teach you for doing fasting. Mine was breaking my fasting at dzuhur time and mom said "You only have an hour from now then you have to do your fasting again till magrib." Haha, it was really funny though. There were some my friends that after dzuhur time, they didn't do fasting again. I had ever once done my fasting break at ashar time and not do fasting again till magrib. It was a time when I had known a little bit about fasting and yeah I didn't hear what my mom's said because I realized that Puasa Mbedug is actually only an exercise. Anyway, how's your Puasa Mbedug experiences? Leave at the comment down below. I'd love to know :)

I started my full fasting on 5th grade of elementary school, I was 10 years old. My point of view about Puasa Mbedug is that I love to know that parents in Indonesia still teach their children to do fasting. Well, it represents that Muslim in Indonesia actually want to learn more and more about their belief. It also indicates that Indonesian Muslim want to explore more about what their belief teaches them.

See you on the next post :)

Comments