Appreciation to The Skillful

Hello everyone who read this
I come up with the idea to write something that I think such an important one in my holy spare time, writing in English for me is something necessary and useful to do.

I am feeling so blessed recently because of so many reliefs that I got after I trapped into something confusing. Studying in my campus right now-that u will know later-made me to follow so many rules which are okay for me actually yet most of my friends don’t think so. There are so many tests which at first I thought they were so weird and it’ll be hard and confusing but then the result really amazed me. I had to do placement test to have Arabic & English Practice called as TOSA(Test of Standard Arabic)&TOSE(Test of Standard English), placement test to know how far you’ve known about Islam called as SKL Ibadah, and last but not least placement test to classify the class for P3KMI program; an obligation program to follow in my faculty to read and understand Qur’an better. All of these tests  are actually a requirement to follow the final test on the last semester.  If you don’t pass the test, you will get an extra class every Saturday or Monday. Yeah, we are a full week student and full time learner. What a strong student! The extra classes are actually good and rewarding for us. I don’t say that the program is bad. In addition, I am proud to say that my small and developing college has so many programmes that make us a better person and there is no extra fee for that class FYI my college’s most expensive lecture fee is about 1,5 million per semester. Amazing, right?

Fortunately, I passed all of the tests which mean I don’t need to be a full week student hehe. Moreover, I praised to God when I got a text saying that I had to follow English international class test, there is also Arabic international class. Honestly I didn’t know what kind of program it was yet reading international class just triggered me to say ”Wow, am I the candidate?”  I did the test with other 29 people who have been passed the placement test for TOSA&TOSE program. Then, I realized that I was really the honour candidate. I prayed to God that I could be 20 people who will get the privilege. Later on, I had to thank God again that I am 1/20 that allowed to get through of it. The program allows us to develop our English skill especially TOEFL and IELTS exercises, go abroad but still we work it by myself, the institute only gives the facility, and have little free vacations. I hope that such fun planning will be come true. Amen!
I'm on number 8, the right paper. 

The point that I want to say isn’t about I am the international class student. No! However, I want to say my appreciation toward my campus. This not so out-standing campus really have some great programs for their students in not so expensive fee. All of the academians try their best to make IAIN Surakarta better and bigger. They give attention from the cleverest to the laziest person especially in language skill and islam knowledge which is unusual condition for some stated or general universities. All are treated in the same way. Smart people get their extra classes to develop their skill and lazy people get their extra classes to learn something new and fresh. For English department student like me, it is important to have place or media to develop my language skill and thankfully IAIN gives the chance for me and other students from whatever the department is, be it economic, religion, or psychology, as far as they have their basic skill.  This way for me is one of a great methods to make a best student preserves their will to be IAIN Surakarta student because there are cases that we aren’t proud to be here and want to move to other university which we think bigger, better, and more famous :”)

At first, I feel disoriented being here alone. I wonder if this is the right place for me. Day by day, I met a lot of great friends then I got my spirit back. The show must go on, right?  here I am continuing my melody and I may do some collaborations at my show:)

Sing penting ki ora gengsi lan jeneng e tapi hasil akhir e sing podo-podo nyenengke ati. Nek wes seneng iki yowes dijalani” -d.a.d


Do what you love, love what you do! Do what you gonna do.

Comments