Being MC at Dista Culture Show

I had such an amazing experience, at least for me. I feel like my little dream came true at that time. I was chosen to be MC of Dista Radio’s event. Yeah, I’m following radio extra curricular. I have been passionate in brodcasting and journalistic since I was in Junior High School. It was not the first time for me being an MC but it was my first time showing myself in such big show, I thought. We named it, Dista Culture Show.

Dista Culture Show was held at Pameran Buku Solo (Book Expo Solo) Assalam Hypermarket, an event that I a bit often come. This expo was held by Netral Event Organizer and Alfaza Production. Dista was one of the performer. Dista chose something relating to culture because Solo will celebrate its birthday on 17th of February, as we know that Solo is culture city where a lot of culture histories in it. At first, I didn’t want to be the MC of this event by I knew that it was held at night. But then, my senior kept asking me to be the MC and I encouraged myself to ask permission to my mom and it turned out, my mom allowed me to go.

Nabila and I had a practice on the morning day before the show. I thought it would be easy yet actually being MC isn’t so easy. The show would be at 7 o’clock PM. Nabila and I were confuse and crazy about the costume. The other participants would wear “batik” cloth. We planned to do so yet my senior said that we had to wear something different, match, and nice. Because of that, Nabila followed me going home to match a nice cloth and what it makes nicer, my mom and dad weren’t at home and my house’s locked so I couldn’t enter my house.  We discussed a bit and decided to choose either red or pink long dress and promised each other to tell it later on WhatsApp. About my house was locked, I tried to call my dad but he didn’t answer then I chatted my little sister asking whether she knew where my dad and my mom were. It was one mark only and suddenly my little sister just came from school. Well, we were trapped in front of our house. I tried to open my window from outside, but there was no hope. Fortunately, my little sister had a brilliant idea to visit our aunt and uncle who are our close neighbor. Well, back to the topic --- I started to prepare 30 minutes before “adzan magrib” by deciding to wear the read one and finished at 6.40 PM.  It takes for about 20-25 minutes to go to Assalam Hypermarket from my house. I rushed a little bit at the moment, thinking that I wouldn’t be on time but thankfully I didn’t came really that late-the event hadn’t started yet-but still not on time. The other crews had been there, they departed from Dista’s base camp preparing the stage and checking sound. As I arrived there, it was rainy anyway, I got nervous. Hmm... nervous feeling will always come to something like this. In the other hand, I felt nervous only in the opening later I started to enjoy the moment.
Thanks to documentary department :)
I thanked to God to this experience since I know better how to do public speaking which something that I want to learn a lot. You shouldn’t be nervous and own the stage. You have to sound like you are having a fun and trying to joke effortlessly which I feel it is the hardest part. Thirdly, don’t be shock when your planning with your partner doesn’t realize in the stage, the show must go on. Well, this may be going to be small matter at least for me or even big matter depends on how far you are be confident, physical appearance in public actually makes sense. I will say that it is bulls**t that you value someone from his/her kind-hearted, at the first sight you will notice about the appearance. Am I right or am I right?  But still, I DO BELIEVE that skill defeats more than beauty J



To enter radio, it was not easy. You gotta do a lot of requirements and I am grateful that I could be chosen to be one of Dista’s crew. To be honest, I hope that Dista can give something to me either practical or theory knowledge. Dista really gives it as you give a lot of things. It’s good feedback in learning, right? I can’t say a lot but thanks for everything. Stay be educated and entertaining people!! Listen us on 107.8 Dista FM Radio, Your Edutainment Station. 

Comments