Heaven for Instagram Junkies in Yogyakarta

Hi, welcome back to my blog, readers!

It has been long that I don’t post something related to travelling. Well, I actually already posted it only once. Kindly check this Ngobaran Beach Review out!

So, I got a chance to visit “THE WORLD LANDMARKS ICON” at Merapi Park, Kaliurang, Sleman, Yogyakarta after a week of Eid Mubarak 1438 H if I am not mistaken.  They actually would  inaugurate the place on the 20’s of June. So, my family and I went there at very freshly opened and trial season.
Front view


 Basically, my father wanted to visit MGM ( Museum Gunung Merapi ) yet we passed this destination before we finally reached there. So, we decided especially my brother and my sister to visit it. My sister and I were very curious about this destination. From only reading the name, I could conclude that this place is about photograph and good Instagram feed junkies. Millennials nowadays will definitely love this destination.

[Description]
The World Landmarks Icon or shorted as Merapi Park is located at Kaliurang street 25 KM, Hargobinangun Village, Pakem Sleman, Special Region Yogyakarta.  It is close to Merapi Mountain Museum. London with Telephone Box and Big Bang, America with Liberty Statue, Italy with Leaning Tower of Pisa, Paris with Eiffel Tower,  Netherlands with the Windmills, and one landmark that I don’t know what the name is and where it is represented but if I am not mistaken it is from China are available in this destination. Beside unique photo spot, The World Landmarks is surrounded by flower and greenish things which make fresher. Since the location is on the Mountain area, the weather is quite good. It isn’t very that hot in the afternoon I came there. Another stop to enjoy is unique cafe shop and restaurant. They sell snacks, beverages, and foods in a place well designed.



You only need to pay the entrance ticket that is Rp 15.000,00/each person to enjoy this destination. It is 100% free to take the photos wherever you want to. 





[PLUS MINUS]
Positive :
Ø  You don’t need to apply much sunblock because the weather is good. It is mountain atmosphere. 
Ø  The entrance ticket is cheap.
Ø  They serve enough seat to rest. Just enough.
Ø  The place is quite large. Just quite, not really that big.

Negative  :
Ø  It is hard to find the parking area. Visitors park along the street in front of the destination and there is just one security man and no parking man setting.
Ø  To show the place’s name, there is only a big banner.
Ø  It is so crowded and packed of people J that just how massive Indonesian human population is. So that, I took potrait of people not landmarks.

[SUGGESTION]
But that’s okay. Since it is freshly opened, right? The officers still manage it to become better and better.

So from what I complain above, I suggest a choice to make it happen one or two photo taker on each landmarks.

A photo taker will work to make the visitors stand in line, wait the turn to take photos. A photo taker also can work as photographer if the visitors are difficult regarding who to take the photos in their group photograph because not every people is glad to bring tripod.
This choice will make our photos aren’t packed with people yet it shows ourselves and the beautiful landmark. In addition, this choice gives work field to the human resources. I only saw two kind of staff there, one is the ticketing staffs and another one is the checking ticket staffs. Some parking men will be very needed also so that the human resources become bigger.

Additionally, the area still looks empty. I think that the officers need to add some other landmarks around the word. There aren’t Merlion as Singapore representative, Twin Tower as Malaysia representative, and many more. In another word, the officers can make the empty area to be the parking lot as well.  

YEAH, that’s all my trip. (I actually went to Merapi Mountain Museum next to The World Landmarks). Hmm, I will make into another blog journey if I’m not lazy hehe
Shortly, this place is recommended to visit for good Instagram feed and photograph lovers just because the satisfied available background. I rate this destination 8 out of 10.

Happy holiday for Senior High School fresh graduate out there. I feel you!  

Comments