Public Attention

Recently, I felt like everyone literally everyone talking their bad feelings online, which is good actually to express. But my point is that, some of them self-proclaimed and self-diagnosed that they may suffer serious mental issue. Is this one of many down sides of social media existence? We become more aware to our feeling, not because we judge and evaluate by ourselves but because we COMPARE to others. 

For me who have been seeing my closed relatives fighting against real mental problem since I was a child when the social media is not as big as today feel really sorry for them. Firstly, the condition is they didn't practice self-diagnose. Secondly, they seek help to several psychiatrists regularly. Thirdly, they consume bloody expensive releasing pills everyday or maybe forever in their life. However, not a single day they complain to a social media. Never. Even they didn't aware suffering a mental illness. 

I feel terrible for them because I think they have no option to seek public emphaty even if they freaking need it. On the other side, I appreciate them so much because they really know well to whom to seek honest support. I bet universe has sent them lovely human beings alive surround who make them survived until today. 

Sorry to make you read my weird rant. I'm just feeling tired to see that my relatives who unluckily are not millennials have to face this. They who are really sick are afraid to open up while in the other side of the world, virtual society, they proclaim they have a REAL problem about mental health just because they want to get public attention. I am sorry but I'm sick of it. 

I'm actually practicing the disadvantage of social media which is comparing my relatives' condition and people in virtual land. Pardon! Hahaha. Just forget it.

Comments