Thank you Uni, Next!


There is always a room where we start to reflect a lot on who we are, what we are capable of, and why we exist in the world. This stop can be quite awkward and we have to be vulnerable a lot. 

Hi, blog! I finally finished my study in January with cumlaude honors. Right on my mom's birthday. I was super happy to defend my thesis successfully, however often time the end is always a new adventure to unlock. 

In the fast world that seems does not respect 'rest', I was asked what I am going to do next. In the last semester, I was so sure that I am going to continue my master's with scholarships. Studying for a master's degree is always my dream since I was 6. I got this reference from my dad. He continued his master and we attended the graduation party together as a family. Ever since then, I knew that continuing my master's would not be a choice, yet it was a quality standard I would have in life. 

However, growing up as an adult with so many uncertainties makes me insist a lot on my decision. This is probably because I haven't seen the end goal. To be in the process and keep track without updating what I have been through on social media is hard. The documents I must write, the tests I must follow, the administration tasks I must submit, and the grants I must find. I know there is so much I mention. 

While 'trying my luck' in scholarship mentorship to prepare everything, I also managed to apply for two jobs applications in April. It was both an English teacher position with a different industry and working flow. The first one was a foreign language startup called Cakap with a freelance position. The next one is a full-time teacher in a private English course using the CEFR curriculum. It is almost 5 months since I have been teaching at IELC.

What I found interesting about the job application was: self-awareness. Today's accumulation values were generated from the past. I thank God for the people, the environment, the struggle, the opportunities and yet challenges, the lesson learned, and the insights I have been through during uni. 

There are so many takeaways I would like to share while I was finding my job and onboarding session. As far I met more people, the more I realized that there is a skill gap between fresh grads and the tasks in the industry. Thus, I would be happier to share them online as I have kept them for my own by far. It took me almost a year to finally come up with this idea haha 

It's upcoming. I'll see you, then. 

Comments