Diary Lebaran #3 | Halal Bi Halal and Opor Ayam.

Hi, readers.
This will be my last series of my Diary Lebaran. Enjoy!

This is one of Indonesia's tradition. Halal Bi Halal is like after ramadhan party. We will have a gathering and eating special Indonesia's main courses at lebaran. The gathering will be filled by forgiving each other, we call it in Java "Sungkeman" (shaking hands while the body also a bit bow down the head). Mostly in Indonesia we do the Halal Bi Halal by shaking hands each other to whoever come, making in a circle and saying sholawat (Stating our respect to Prophet Muhammad p.b.u.h). Don't you curious how Halal Bi Halal started? Check the history here. (Sorry for letting you read by yourself, just fight more okay?) I am a bit shocking that there was politic correlation behind Halal Bi Halal history. Indonesia and the history is just perfect couple.

My family usually have 3 meetings. It should be 4, but my family always don't attend the 4th one because it is on Jepara and on the work day. My dad is such a royal person, he would never want to have furlough like seriously come on once in a year. Hmmm.  Sorry I'm rude to your royal personality that everyone may be proud of. So yeah, the first one is Irfan's family. Irfan is my mom's father. My grand father has 15 yeah FIFTEEN children. And my mom is the number 12th, she told me. Second is Barmawi's family. Barmawi is my mom's grand father from my mom's father generation. We always have the Halal Bi Halal at the little mosque in Penumping(Langgar Penumping) and enjoy some foods. Yes food is everything. Why always at Langgar Penumping? It's like annual commemoration of how Barmawi was struggling to make Islam becoming victorious.  (I may write the clear history someday) And the third is Atmo's family(if I am not mistaken. Tbh I don't really know my own generation. All I know is I am Adam-Hawa RA's generation. Right?). Atmo is also my mom's grand father from my mom's mother generation. I tell you that my big family is really that BIG though. Do you wonder that I should have got a really big amount of money on the lebaran? Sadly, it is not:")

OUR SQUAD IS READY TO MAKE HISTORY!
The amount is still counting. 


Lontong is like Indonesia sushi, I'd say.
The main course is usually Lontong/Ketupat Opor Ayam and Rendang. Well, every country has their own specialty but the most must-have-served in lebaran is Lontong Opor Ayam. It is chicken with yellow coconut milk gravy and lontong, a rice that is wrapped with banana's leaf into tube form. The yellow gravy is the key of this main course. The gravy is yellow because it uses turmeric. The side dish of Opor Ayam usually are sambal goreng, boiled egg, and crunchy fried onion. The sambal goreng makes the opor so spicy. It is so yummy. Everyone must try it.
Yummy! <3
That's it. Thank you for reading this post :)
Hope can help you. Cheers! Proud to be Indonesian.

Comments