Connecting The Dots / Merajut Makna

In the end, all things set perfectly. The only one we have to trust is "Allah's plan is beyond amazing." 

I am truly happy to what I choose now.  I  chose English Education Department twice as my major haha and I don't regret at all. Everyday I try to connect the dots becoming a clear line.

Yeah, life is trying to connect the dots every single day to figure the big idea. I chose English because I love it. I am not trying to say I hate that global language but the fact that I have to teach or educate English still get me thinking. How? Why must I? I thought education field was somewhat boring. The fact that I will be facing school environment much and much. Additionally, educating English for me at the first time was totally freaking boring. I have learned this language since I was a playgroup student. I felt I was enough with these stuffs. Yet, being in my comfort zone is truly comfortable. I'd say English is my safe and comfortable field. My fear is that I am afraid that I will not develop since I trap the joy.  

But no! Gratefully, I beyond love the development within myself by learning this field. I change a lot perspective and the way I bring myself in environment. 

Firstly, English Education Department allows me to have critical thinking. Language skill which are reading, listening, writing, and speaking obligate us to receive and deliver infos at the same time. As a receiver, there will always be a moment of asking self question "Is that really true?" and as a deliver there will be a question "Is this right to deliver?  Will it make a sense?". Language allows me to brainstorm what is actually happening. I love this fact. Learning how to read provides me how to see what the writer want to frame and tell. We see other perspective so then we criticize a lot of things. 

Secondly, learning how to speak English confidently teaches me to be brave for speaking up our idea, opinion, and story. It is important to speak up our idea, feeling, and opinion. A quote said "a leader has to be a good public speaker and writer." I rock on that quote. That is the reality we are facing now. An idea to change system can only be understood by voice or text. English Department also provides us to write better. I learn how to construct idea, how to describe something so people will know what is actually being discussed, even a basic thing like how to make our sentence powerful and sophisticated.  

Thirdly, through global language I learn how to think and socialize globally. Our circle is not only our home or our country but also larger - our universe is beyond touchable. I learn diverse culture that makes me tolerant to diversity. (I am trying honestly). I appreciate and try to accept gently differences. I am learning cultural cross understanding that helps me to have tolerant feeling and thinking towards any race, skin tone, and religion. English really opens my mind. 

A2 class from EED 17 Faculty of Teaching Training and Education Sebelas Maret University of Surakarta

How about education? At the end, I am loving this sector. I realize that education must come first as my awareness. Education student mayn't be cool or your number one option to do with your life but to me education is the basic and essential power to make other sectors better. Take an example, I want to have clean environment then you have to STUDY how to have it. I want to be a good citizen then you need to STUDY how to make it happen. See? Everything is started from studying and learning. In addition, learning language is actually learning basic thing to LIVE A LIFE or you call it socializing. Memaknai hidup, menghidupkan hidup. That's what I feel. We live language everyday. We speak it, we read it, we listen it, and we write it. 

I know I study basic thing but a big agenda must be started with a small thing, right? So here I am. Connecting the dots to reach better version of myself.

Last but not least, happiness is simply I choose right. 

Nb : this is not a campaign to study English but if you do you will be luckier. Trust me! I write this because I want to make "my gratitude journal" to myself. A reminder to always be grateful on this comfortable yet amazing track. 

Ps : It may be different with your experience learning English but mine is mind-blowing. I can't believe sometimes that I go this far. I know that the older ourselves are, the harder our responsibility will be. Fighting!!!

Comments