ALAY

At the beginning of February, I got a chance to hang out together with my old best friend. We have been busy making money until we don't often meet up like back in the good old teenager days. So, we decided to take sometime catching up in Jogjakarta. Here we are.

Tempo Gelato - Italian Ice Cream

One thing for sure that we realized is that "we are the same as just the way we used to be." This thought came out after we took a lot of pictures in such beautiful cafe during our dining roadshow. We used to dine together from Cafe to Cafe in our lovely hometown, Surakarta. 

Chingu Cafe - Korean Fan Restaurant

We are still alay!


We are easily overreacting to something fabulous--we think. Then, post it online. Share with the internet people. We are afraid that we are mentioned as cheesy things actually. 

Though I think indeed I'll always be alay. That's an identity. It's just the media that changes. 

In my school ages, I used to send short-message service with capital and normal letter in one word. For example mE. Or I will replace k to q just to make it sophisticated which now I realize it is very irritating the readers haha 

As I'm getting older--and hopefully wiser--I'm still me like in the old days with a little improvement, I'd say. I keep being expressive both online and offline. Virtually, I'll send a lot of emojis and type double letters to emphasize a word like for example okayyy. Then, I will write like veryyyy loong just to make sure to the readers that I do mean it. I am typing with a tone hehe

Moreover, I am aware that I easily share something that makes me interested and inspired. I will write every lessons that I think it is wonderful and new to me. I am aware that I want to get acknowledged from people that I AM DOING SOMETHING GREAT or I AM THINKING SOMETHING AMAZING. 

However.....

Growing up, I learned that people react different way to every situation. They have their own motivation to move them to such a doing. I learn about talents and how to spark them. Every human being is gifted with a talents naturally. In order to spark our talents people need a lot of practice and effort to become skillful. 

The conclusion is me being alay (too expressive and genuine enough) is actually my self-practice to learn about how to write and how to speak up an idea.

Because in my opinion having many ideas is something but expressing an idea and realizing it is one thing. 

They are different. I want to train my skill to express an idea better which is hard and a long process to be skillful one. That's why I will keep writing. I will keep sharing what's in mind now. Recent trend is that I am able to do that in my social media. Thus, I am using my social media for that purpose.

Secondly, me being alay may appear from learning English mindset which trains me to produce ideas through speaking and writing (two productive skills in every language learning). Learning English has been encouraging me to practice more and more and to be not afraid to make mistakes. In the end, the goal is to be fluent in using the language. The goal is not about to be PERFECT or accurate using the language. In short, I can be skillful in any language if I improve my quantity (fluency) over quality (accuracy) to produce the targeted language. One of learning language strategies is to make use of social media and internet sources as a place to practice. I think this reason quiet makes sense. Similarly, the goal of writing in social media or posting content here is not about fame not popularity. No! It's pure that I know I love writing and I can do it compassionately. I want to be skillful. I want to practice. I want to be grateful what God has given to me. 

If you get something from my writing or you feel the same way with my online thoughts, it is just a bonus really :)

Comments