Holiday-lagged

In my fourth days of uni, one of my lecture opened the class casually "How are you, guys?" Then, we answered normally like "Fine!", "Good!", "Alhamdulillah!"

She continued, "Really? I am still feeling holiday-lagged. Don't you think so?"

Holiday-lagged. In my opinion, it's a very nice term to describe the dizziness due to the transformation from holiday moments to be back to academic routine.

These are my semester break-lagged experiences

Fun and Chill IELTS Course
On the first day in this semester, I forgot to bring my student's card namely KRS. In fact, I have to bring my KRS to be signed by the teachers and to be a symbolic proof that I come in the class. After that, I wrote clearly in my note to not forget to bring one the next day. I promised myself to not be stupid like that morning. The next day, I still neglected to bring one. I gave up. Finally, I ordered GO-Send, an online transportation service to transfer a document, just to send me a single thin paper from my home to my campus. It was worth IDR 20K. Thanks to GO-Send--now I know how to use the service-and my stupidity :|

this service may be made for a dummy like me

Secondly, still in the first day, I confidently said okay to an afternoon organization meeting. I had promised myself before to not receive any appointments that time in order to finish my IELTS task and to have rest time before having IELTS course in the evening. However, I had always a meeting in my weekdays on my last holiday so that I was kind of get used to it. The holiday-lagged part was that I still managed my holiday routine in my comeback academic life. So yeah, it is quite exhausting actually to mix two things now. But, life must go on~

Thirdly, my dizziness to differentiate between holiday and academic time zone became worse when I hit days off. On Thursday, I totally didn't remember that I had to be in class at 9.10. I thought the first class was at 10.50. Actually, I woke up at 7 AM, though, I got up from bed at 9 AM after I rechecked my schedule. I was quite panicked. Finally, I made to the class at 9.50 AM. Luckily, I was still allowed to join the class.

Last but not least, my biggest holiday-lagged phenomenon is that I keep hanging out in the weekend without thinking about my academic duties. I am still so ignorant to my responsibility. I still think that academic tasks are not my top of priority. That's ironic, Fatiha :( C'mon!

These happenings lead me to an reflection; two-month off from uni may bring an individual to the state of delusional mind how hard or depressing uni is and just to enjoy life without any academic burden. Additionally, it may lead to the state of forgetting everything what campus was about. ISN'T IT?

So guys, what I am trying to say here is that too long semester break is not good for your mental health, at least for me haha. I see the need in me to readjust the academic routine and plus different spectrum of some additional responsibilities that I should hold.

It's time to redesign my to-do-list in which I will put campus-related activities again. Bismillah to more adventurous life-changing stories are being offered to me 💪🏽

Comments