A letter to my invisible powerful acquaintance

Subject: Thank You.
CC: Isa, Fina, creatingsmile.id, Atina, UPKKN UNS

Dear Rona, 
First thing first, nice to meet you. We have been together since the middle of March so far. Never would have I thought I would get to know you this year. In this letter, I just want to say a million thanks for slightly changing my life. I have learned a lot from you.

In March, I remembered sitting with my friend Isa who just got back from Jakarta in a cafe updated me with news. It's always been Isa thing but this time was different. She was freaked out about you appeared in China so sudden causing worldwide shock. At that time, I was not so into you yet. I just replied to Isa's worry like "Yeah, I know this thing. Gone viral in social media. It's awful, isn't it?" She kept saying that "it's so horrible. It's a virus and pandemic."

Yup, that's right. it was the first lesson from you. I learned the word "pandemic". Then, it turns out that the pandemic situation had ever come 100 years ago in this world namely Spanish Flu. Should I feel so honoured to be able to experience this thing with you once per a hundred year?

Second thing, thanks to you who have taught me a lot about sanitation in full state of consciousness. I learned again how to wash my hands, make my own hand-sanitizer and disinfectant, change clothes and put my shoes off whenever I get back from outside. I bet Fina is no problem at all with this issue. She is my best friend who will always washes her hands before eating and picking meals and brings her own sanitizer everywhere. Until this point, you have reminded me how important to keep everything clean and hygienic.

Another thing is about how to avoid you better. Right after you caused the first dead case in my small city, the uni stopped all of the educational agenda. I couldn't have a class in a classroom. All of the meetings were cancelled. All of the media have been talking about you. Wasn't it so special for you? You are being in a spotlight. I learned the next word: quarantine. This word articulates that I should do all of the activities at home. In my case, I should study, organize projects, hang out with friends, and work from home. 
Never have I imagined that I would attend a class from home. Well, I know homeschooling and online seminar exist before. But it just not my family thing to practice homeschooling. Being an online freelancer has been quite my dream job. So, thanks again Rona. I'm so happy that I can explore more about this. By this far, I've learned so much about digitalization and work-life balance management because of you. However, until now I still feel a bit puzzled adapting this "everything-going-on screen" situation. Talking about digitalization, I enjoyed online book bazaar recently in e-commerce. Just so you know, you've initiated me to install Tokopedia and started to ship more books online.

Additionally, I appreciate your presence even more because you have allowed me to be more with my dad, mom one little sister, and one little brother. They are my quarantine buddy. At the beginning of your debut in my city, my siblings and I started to cook together, watch YouTube videos or movie together, and gossiping each other friends. However, I still feel bad because I enjoy more my own company with a screen in my hand. A wise man said not to take things for granted especially the family company. I think I am such a dummy when it comes to organizing family, aren't I? At last, most of the time I am trying how to be the more responsible homebody daughter from you. Still being there tho!

I'm afraid that I write too long. Then, this is the last takeaways that I will let you know. In general, you have pushed me out of my comfort zone. Every single day, you insists me what next and how I will spend my days with. You ask me to think creatively. Some creative works from the heart had been born. My high school friends and I started to reunite not to talk about holiday itinerary (well, we still do this like before but with additional agenda which is--) but about how to help ones who were affected by you really bad. That's creatingsmile.id, Rona. I also work joyfully with my best friend, Atina, to make podcasts on YouTube. Don't forget to check out Fun Talk Atina. I also managed online Ramadhan events last month. That was a bit challenging to be honest. In addition, I finally can pass one major project that I never imagine doing alone from home which is community service (KKN: Kuliah Kerja Nyata) from the university mandatory. I discovered more about my self so that I could create an English learning platform called "Get to Know English". I had so much fun doing it. I had the opportunity to talk with my friends abroad about you. Basically, it's about how Rona has been doing in other countries LOL. 

I believe, there are still more things I want to tell yo you yet on this occasion I can only think those things. Once again, thanks to you that have let me express myself more. :)

Best regards,

Fatiha.

who remember Allah standing and sitting, and (lying) on their sides, and ponder on the creation of the heavens and the earth (and say) “Our Lord, You have not created all this in vain. We proclaim Your purity. So, save us from the punishment of Fire. (QS 3:191)

Comments